Tuesday 5 April 2016

April Challenge at Bizzy Bec's

My collection of Darkroom Door stamps is steadily growing. They are beautifully detailed red rubber stamps and Bec is able to order them in for you. I like how they all have their own storage case and you can see the contents on the cover. They are also foam mounted so all you have to do is cut them out and start stamping.
Today I have played with the set called Classic Motorcycles. Both the sentiment and the bike can be found here.
I stamped them onto watercolour paper using Black Archival Ink and then coloured the image using distress ink ( I simply stamp some colour from the ink pads onto an acrylic block and then pick up the colour with a water brush.). 
 
 
My rusty cog background was created by running a piece of card covered in metal tape through my Cuttlebug using a cog embossing folder. I then painted the card with gesso and left it to dry. Once dry I put alcohol ink on the gesso but distress stains also work. Let it dry again and then sand back some of the coloured gesso.
I am planning on playing with this set some more for my Inspiration Post this month so please stop by again if you'd like to see what I come up with.
Happy Crafting and I hope you all enter the challenge her this month for Bizzy Bec's Store,
Jackie x
 
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Inspiration Destination- Anything Goes
Morgan's Art World- For The Men
Simply Papercraft- Anything Goes
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the motorcycle. The background is gorgeous. One fantastic card.

    So glad you could join us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

    ReplyDelete