Monday 1 June 2015

Viva Las Vegas!!

What better way to spend a Monday WA public holiday than doing some crafting. Today I played with some of my stash of Viva Las Vegas stamps.

 
The gorgeous elephant here is a VLV stamp. I coloured it using Copics before adding it to my Journalling inspired card background. The background was created using Dylusions Spray Ink and a Dylusion stencil. I also stamped a lacy VLV stamp as a background in Dusty Concord Distress Ink. Black markers and white gel pen were used to highlight different shapes. Some arrows were hand drawn but the large one was another VLV stamp...this one is well used! Using the Distress Ink, I also went around the edge of my card and used the colour with a waterbrush to create some subtle shadows around the elephant. I am going to enter this card into the 'Use Bright Colours' challenge over at http://www.throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com.au/

 
This card is for my son for his birthday. The image is a VLV stamp. As it was not really an image to colour, I instead chose to put it on a background with some depth made from smooshed Distress Ink on watercolour paper. I used my Copics to throw in a touch of blue like the handmade paper used for the rest of the card. It is a little hard to see the gauze in the photo but nestled within it are microbeads. The sea die in the corner has been distressed. It is a new Memory Box die.

 
My last piece using a VLV stamp is actually an ATC. I have used distress ink to create the background and then stamped the image over the top. I used a waterbrush and gesso to add highlights as well as using some extra distress ink to add depth. The words on the card are from an old box and the cogs are from another Memory Box die. I simply chopped up the cog background piece after rubbing gilding wax over the whole section.
Thanks for stopping by, Jackie.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Fab cards Jackie, I love that Elephant. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze this time.
    hugs
    Dawn DT xxx
    http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete