Monday 20 October 2014

13 Days of Halloween- Embossibilities

We are over the halfway point now with the 13 Days of Halloween over at
and I am busy ticking over new ideas and still having fun creating.
Today I have a card with an embossed background. The embossing folder I used was from Sizzix and featured Halloween words. After embossing the white card stock I covered the card in Distress Stains- Dusty Concord, Faded jeans and Broken China graduating the colours from lightest to darkest. I then distressed the embossing and edges with Walnut Stain ink before adding highlights with Treasure Gold Pewter gilding wax.
The image I have used is from Simply Betty Stamps and is 'Batty Jude' from the Teen Scene Halloween 2012 Collection of digis (the sentiment is also from this range). They are a great set of images and I have printed off others to use on some Halloween projects!
I coloured the image using my Copics and used foam tape to lift the image up off the embossed background.  The branches were from my stash of Prima goodies I had been saving for a Halloween project.
 
I continue to be amazed by all of the beautiful projects the contestants in the running for Princess Of Halloween come up with every few days and hope some of you are stopping by Betty's blog to have a look and maybe enter a contest!
Thanks for stopping by and thank you too for feedback on my projects for Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness, I love this!! I love the shading on the background and your embossing is fabulous! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW just gorgeous embossing! love how you have used all those inks in shades this way. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. I am loving playing with all my Halloween stash.

    ReplyDelete