Saturday 26 October 2013

A Final Halloween Card

Just five more nights until Halloween. I love all things Halloween and for this week have used a Day of the Dead image from Simply Betty Stamps. I've had this image coloured for a while but had not got around to putting it onto a card front. It has been coloured with Copics and then cut out and put onto background paper using foam mounting tape behind the image.
The patterned papers used in this card are from a 6x6 paper pad- Happy Haunting by My Mind's Eye. All paper pieces were edged using Ranger Black Archival Ink.
I went around the edge of the chevron paper with double sided tape and then wrapped Tim Holtz black tinsel twine around the paper several times to represent a web. I then placed the paper containing the image over the cross over of the tinsel. I made sureI used red backed tape here for super stick!!
Embellishments on the web include a tag "Fright Night" from Creative Imaginations Mariah Johnson's Wicked collection. There are heaps of great labels in this collection.
The little glittery spider was from a recent craft swap (as was the previous embellishment) and was adhered using foam tape.
In the corners of the page, I made little web embellishments by cutting a strip of spiderwebs using my Martha Stewart punch. I cut out sections of the web at right angles to adhere in the corners.
 I used Black Diamond Stickles over thecorner web shapes to add some sparkle and then put Frosted Lace Stickles on the veil of the image.
 KaiserCraft black bling was added down the side of the image card and randomly on the chevron paper to add some further interest.


I am entering this card in the Anything Goes with optional Halloween over at::  http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com.au/ 
Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. That is one super duper card....i love the colour of her hair...
    thanks for joining us again at TTPH

    fiona dT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love how all the different elements come together - you've put so much thought into it and it works perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete