Saturday 14 September 2013

Through the Purple Haze Sketch Challenge

I was so excited to make a place last week at Through The Purple Haze Challenges. This week the request was to make something using a provided sketch. I enjoy using design sketches as a springboard for ideas. My card this week again uses a Simply Betty Stamps digi- can't get enough of them.
I coloured the image using my Copic Markers. The background circle is a Spellbinders die.The eyelets give a nice little peep at the colour underneath.
Instead of ribbon, I used washi tape to decorate the background. One strip is the full width and the other has been folded in half and I then used double sided tape to attach.
The embellishments in this sketch followed a curve and so I chose a flourish to cut up to curve around the die cut. The Prima flourish had blue and clear crystals and some had a rainbow shimmer.
The sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up set in my stash- Always. I mounted the sentiment on black cardstock and then patterned paper which was also used below the sentiment for another element from the sketch.
Let me know what you think and also check out the other terrific entries at
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com.au/



8 comments:

  1. Lovely job Jackie your colouring is getting better all the time! and i am like you addicted to Betty stamps! well done you did a good job..Many thanks for playing with us this week at Through the Purple Haze challenges..Anita ..DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and such a lovely sentiment, thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally adorable Jackie, I love this image too. Loving your choice of papers, it all works together so well. Thanks for playing along this week at Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Jackie. The background papers are fabulous and the main image really stands out from the black and white/beige background. Love the sparkles too.
    Thanks for playing along again this week and well done on last week's entry.
    Lisa
    TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jackie that is just fantastic, i love the papers and the image just stands out....colours are fab...thanks for joining us

    fiona DT
    TTPHH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie! What a fabulous card! Love the image and the background papers are really really cool!!! Thanks for joining us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie I love this!!! I love the SBS Image & you've interpreted the sketch so well. Well done & thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges x

    ReplyDelete