Friday 19 July 2013

Through the Purple Haze- Weekly Challenge 15th July

It is exciting to be joining in with the challenges at Through the Purple Haze Challenge Blog. The first challenge was to create with either Indigo Blu stamps or enter the Anything Goes Challenge.
I loved the look of all the Indigo Blu stamps but there was no way they would have made it to Australia in time to use them for the challenge so that left the Anything Goes Challenge.
I decided to stick with using stamps and made use of a new one I had received from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. My project was an Artist Trading Card using the theme of lighthouses and needed to incorporate acetate in some way. This project was also for a swap group I am in.
I began by stamping the image onto cream cardstock using brown Memento ink. I then inked around the edge with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Next, I used brown, blue and green alcohol ink and swirled it over the acetate sheet to create 'waves'. Once dry, I cut the acetate down to size and attached a piece to the stamped image using my Tiny Attacher- one of my favourite little tools!!
The card still needed something and so I added a diamante light and created beams using blue metallic thread. The final touch was a little silver gilding wax around the edges.





6 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie, this is fab. I love the depth the acetate seems to add & the pearl & metallic thread really finish it off. Thrilled you joined us on our first challenge at Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs
    Teresa
    Ceesas Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie! I love your ATC with the lighthouse image! Thanks for joining in the Challenge this week!

    Darcy DT
    Through the Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the atc. Thank you for playing along at through the purple haze. Sian (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lighthouse Jackie it is lovely. And i love the way you swirled the acetate to make it look like waves..Many thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges during our first challenge and hope to see you next week...Anita x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so atmospheric i just loved it.....well done indeed thanks for joining our challenge.

    fiona DT
    Through the purple Haze....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and after seeing it in real life this photo doesn't do it justice! :)

    ReplyDelete